Achieving improvements in its business excellence journey, a Singapore Quality Class STAR organisation has achieved national recognition for its excellent management practices, commitment towards continuous improvement and sustainable business performance.
- CEG awarded Singapore Quality Class (SQC) Star by Enterprise Singapore
- CEG awarded Singapore Quality Class (SQC) Star by SPRING Singapore
- Kinderland-led consortium appointed by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) to launch the Skool4Kidz brand, to provide affordable quality childcare services in the public housing heartland
- Crestar International Dance Arts Centre opened in Beijing, China
- ELFA-LEGO Foundation’s “Care-for-Education” project trained more than 1,000 volunteers and teachers. It reached nearly 400,000 disadvantaged children in 700 over schools/ centres in china, including Tibet and Inner Mongolia – more than doubled its original target reach.
- CEM awarded consultancy project to custom-design, build and set-up Bank Negara’s workplace child care centre in Kuala Lumpur. The largest child care centre then in Southeast Asia, it has a capacity for more than 400 infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers
- CEM was also the appointed external quality auditor for this centre from 2012 – 2015
- Kinderland collaborated with the Singapore Armed Forces Reservists Association (SAFRA) to set up NurtureStars preschool services for all its reservist members in their clubhouses
- Kinderland launched Singapore’s first preschool marching band at its 16-centres combined sports day at Toa Payoh Stadium, involving over 300 preschoolers
- KLCII was the 1st PEI in the Early Childhood industry to be awarded the 4-year EduTrust.
- ELFA China, inked a 3-year collaboration with LEGO Foundation of Denmark to launch “Care-for-Education”, a community outreach project for 150,000 disadvantaged pre-schoolers from migrant families in China. ELFA and its local partners trained 500 volunteers and teachers on effective learning through constructive play
- Ministry of Community Youth & Sports (MCYS) recognise HSK level 9 results as one of the condition to enrol into the college course for Chinese language early childhood teachers
- HSK Centre (Crestar) voted the most outstanding test centre for Chinese Langauge for the second time by Hanban (Chinese Language Council International)
- HSK Centre (Crestar) voted the most outstanding test centre for Chinese Language by Hanban (Chinese Language Council International)
- KLC received its Singapore Quality Class certification for private education
- HSK Centre (Crestar) organized the world’s first Business Chinese Test (BCT) in collaboration with the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
- Kinderland set up its first preschool in Bangladesh, in Dhaka
- Kolej Dika, an Early Childhood teacher training centre was established Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- CEG awarded Singapore Quality Class (SQC) by SPRING Singapore
- Crestar Education Group was appointed by Hanban (Chinese Language Council International) as their Singapore test centre to promote and conduct the Chinese Language proficiency test of Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) and Youth Chinese Test (YCT) in Singapore
- HSK Centre (Crestar) was incorporated in Singapore
- ELFA Shanghai Management Consultancy was incorporated in China
- Crestar Education (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (CEM) was incorporated in Kuala Lumpur
- Kinderland set up its second workplace childcare centre in MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore) Building
- ELFA Preschool launched its first centre in China, in Shandong
- Crestar Education Group was incorporated in Singapore after a management buy-out of Yahama Music Asia Group’s preschools and non-music enrichment centres
- ELFA Children’s Place was established in Singapore. The first ELFA child care centre was opened in Serangoon.
- Kinderland set up its first workplace childcare centre in Temasek Polytechnic
- Kinderland opened its preschool in China, in Suzhou
- Kinderland set up its first preschool centre in Indonesia in Jakarta
- Kinderland opened its first childcare centre in Malaysia, in Ipoh
- Kinderland Learning Centre (now known as KLC International Institute) was established. KLC was the first private training agency to conduct Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education (ECCE) courses accredited by the then Ministry of Community Development.
- Kinderland’s first child care centre opened in Singapore
- Kinderland Educare Service Pte Ltd (KES) set up to develop and expand the preschool business portfolio.
- Kinderland opened its first overseas kindergarten in Malaysia, in Ipoh